WHO WE ARE
Brandwave Marketing (Brandwave) is a sports marketing agency. We provide services to businesses and brands within sport and related industries. Brandwave must process personal data so that it can provide these services. In doing so the company acts as a data controller.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and this policy sets out the basis on which any personal data that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. Brandwave will never sell or pass on your personal data to another company or organisation and this policy sets out to explain how we use your data and your rights in relation to them.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence as well as your contact information.
- Business contact information obtained at events or trade shows.
- Business contact information gathered from networking resources such as LinkedIn and through third parties such as Pearlfinders
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site.
PURPOSE OF PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
Brandwave will collect and process your personal data for the purpose of improving our website and promoting our services to individuals and companies who we feel have a legitimate interest. The legal basis we rely upon to offer you these services are:
- Consent – To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- Legitimate interest
Where Brandwave has relied on legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimates interests are as follows:
- To promote our work and services to businesses and brands in sport related fields
USES OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To provide you with information, products or services that we believe would be of legitimate interest to you
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
HOW WE STORE:
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Statistic cookies help website owners understand how users interact with their site
Preference cookies remember settings and changes the way the site looks or acts. They information such as a language preference selected
Marketing cookies track users across websites and their intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging to the user.
As part of the registration process for our e-mail newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information to contact you about our services, what we’ve been working on, events or to contact you if we need to obtain additional information or check our records. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletters. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails.
To keep up with industry trends and thought leadership, members of the Brandwave team attend many events. We often have some really engaging meetings at these events with people we want to stay in touch with. If we collect your contact data at one of these events say, from a business card, we will typically store it in our database. Your information will be stored in our B2B database indefinitely unless you ask us to remove you. If we feel that you would have a legitimate interest in our services we may use that information to contact you.
For our direct marketing database, we use a system called Capsule. You can read their Data Protection Policy here
If you don’t want to hear from us then just let us know and we’ll happily remove you from our database, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you
- The right to rectification of your personal data
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling
- The right to withdraw consent at any time
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting the Studio Manager at email@example.com.
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.