As a company with a unique heritage and a modern vision, Pontetorto has been at the forefront of textile design and manufacturing since the early 1950s. They are renowned for producing high-quality fabrics for the outdoor and fashion industries, with manufacturing taking place close to home, in Toscana, Italy.
Their forward-thinking mindset means they are always looking at ways to minimise their impact on the environment through continuous investment, the use of cutting-edge technologies and advanced recycling systems to obtain an ethical and sustainable end product.
Pontetorto needed to maintain and reinforce its prominence as a globally recognised company. They approached us to help them to take their brand to the next level. With their primary logo already in a good place, it was our job to evolve its look and feel, but it was imperative that we defined a clear strategic and visual product brand hierarchy.
In addition to this, we were tasked with the following:
- Pontetorto has a list of globally established clients. We needed to devise a strategy to best utilise the markets and audiences of that global list.
- 70% of Pontetorto fabric is currently unbranded by its clients, so a strategic decision was needed on how best to proceed to ensure maximum visibility of the brand.
- Full briefing and immersion sessions with key international stakeholders
- Digital strategic workshops to establish a cohesive direction that matched the brand’s ambitions
- Developed and evolved the primary brand identity
- Created a clear and concise visual product brand hierarchy
- Produced a new consistent visual language backed up by a top-level brand guideline document
- Created a suite of stationery and document templates
- Consulted on Performance Days stand design
- Designed a new modern series of on-garment hang tags and labels
”"Really enjoyed working with the team in Italy to bring the Pontetorto brand to life strategically and creatively. The new product hierarchy is clear, consistent and sits seamlessly alongside the premium main brand. Even better when you start to see it being rolled out in store globally!"WILL COWELLBrandwave - Senior Account Manager
”"Pontetorto is a well-known materials brand with a great deal of history. Pioneering recycling long before it was deemed necessary. They are a pleasure to work with and I look forward to working with them again in the future."ALASTAIR LECOMTEBrandwave - Creative Director
”“These two years of working with the Brandwave team have been very exciting. As a leading company in the production of technical and sustainable fabrics for the outdoor and sportswear industry, we felt the need to reorganize our product hierarchy, re-design our logos and work on a new communicative strategy for the consolidation of our brand.
The Brandwave team, with competence, creativity and sympathy, has hit our goals, identifying a very precise itinerary to achieve what we wanted and above all, taught us a much more modern and effective approach and language towards marketing and communication.
Looking forward to working together again in the future - Grazie Mille to the superb group of people at Brandwave.”ROBERTO LUCHETTIPontetorto