Adventure comes in all shapes and sizes. A local walk, a commute to work, exploring a forest or tackling a new trail or hike.
Born over 25 years ago from a rich history in waterproof apparel, Mac in a Sac design high performance packable products that equip you for life on the go, giving you the freedom to enjoy every adventure, whatever the weather.
With staycations on the rise and spending more time in the great outdoors on everyone’s agenda, the opportunity to deliver an action-packed adventure day was too good to shy away from.
Our brief was to create a campaign that:
- Increased brand awareness
- Enhanced the more premium, but attainable perception of the brand and product offering
- Obtained higher quality audience data
- Increased following across social channels
- Acquired new (and authentic) brand ambassadors
- Kitted the winners out in the latest Mac in a Sac range
- Put foundations in place for a broader brand strategy piece in the future
- Connected with people emotionally and made the brand more personable
To begin, we ran an influencer recruitment campaign via Instagram and Facebook with the aim to obtain competition entries to attend the inaugural Mac in a Sac adventure day.
As is the Mac in a Sac mantra – ‘adventure comes in all shapes and sizes’. This time, it was in the rolling hills of Snowdonia. Upon arrival, our newly initiated winners and influencers were kitted out in the latest Mac in a Sac apparel, before heading off to find the trails and discover their adventure.
Partnered with our adventure leaders, the day was planned to take in all that Snowdonia has to offer via a hike, a bike and plenty of team activities along the way.
On the day, we were joined by 19 competition winners and 4 influencers, with all participants encouraged to document their adventures on Instagram. With the scene already set, there was a fantastic and very natural opportunity for UGC.