BIKE24 are the one-stop shop for the fast-growing community of cycling, running, triathlon and outdoor enthusiasts. Founded in 2002, they have evolved from a specialist online retailer in the cycling world to one of the leading e-commerce platforms in continental Europe. They exist to enable their customers to enjoy their sports, whatever their requirements.
The time had come to turn what was briefed into us as a brand with a largely transactional consumer relationship, into an emotive focused and purpose-driven brand with a genuine passion for sports and the outdoors.
To hit the brief, we needed to:
- Establish the strategic foundations from which to move the brand forwards with.
- Create a new emotive brand proposition, with supporting and substantiated brand values.
- Define a consistent tone of voice that resonates with the broad BIKE24 audience.
- Design, write and strategise new creative guidelines to inform future campaign work.
- Translate guidelines to ensure they were usable for both English and German speakers.
- Develop an emotive creative campaign, that worked across English and German-speaking markets, to generate further brand awareness of the BIKE24 brand.
Informed by our new brand strategy, we created a new set of creative guidelines to define and establish BIKE24’s position across all regions and key territories within the sports world. The aim was to solidify their visual presence as a brand and to ensure that all future marketing communications are consistent and instantly recognisable.
Inspired by a heightened sense and awareness of mental health and wellbeing, we created the ‘Less. More.’ campaign. The aim of the campaign was to encourage customers to do ‘less’ of the boring, mundane tasks, such as waiting in for deliveries, or scrolling through the internet trying to find ‘that thing’ at the ‘perfect price’. It was about encouraging people to do ‘more’ of the things we all love, like smashing PBs, exploring new routes and hitting the trails.
Following creation of the campaign concept and supporting guidelines, BIKE24 went on to produce a number of executions, which included production of a campaign video, OOH advertising, creation of a Strava challenge and full 360° campaign.